Change the boot logo on any MTK Device
Normally, if you flashed your device, maybe the boot logo changed, if you would like change boot logo, may use secret code *#code#, but if you don’t know secret code?
Today I will be sharing with you a short tutorial on how to change your boot logo on MTK device.
One of the coolest things about the Android platform is the ability to customize your device to your very taste. Right from the booting up to shutting down.
On every MTK device, there are two images which are : inside Logo.bin & System.img
Logo.bin: this is the first image you see when your device boots up. It contains the first boot image and also all the battery charging icons. This image appears very quickly just about 2 secs.
System.img: this is the second image that appears when your device is booting up. You can find this image in your phone. It’s located inside /system/image/bootanimation.zip (bootanimation_01.zip)
bootanimation_01.zip –> image for boot the phone
shutanimation_01.zip –> image for power off the phone
Two files are found inside your backup folder or folder the original Rom, that means you must have an MTK backup of your rom to access this file or download the firmware anywhere, just valid the firmware for your device.
How to change boot logo inside “logo.bin”:
1. Download & extract “LogoBuilder_v1.6“, open the folder and launch logo builder.
Click on create project.
2. Select the logo.bin inside folder Rom and click open.
3. Select an empty folder or you create a folder where you will like to extract the files and click ok.
4. The logo.bin will be extracted. You will see a copy in the logo builder window.
5. Go to the folder where you extracted the files and edit any of the images rename images. Make sure you use the same resolution and also rename the image you want to use to the same name as the one you want to replace.
6. Once you are through editing the images. Go back to the logo builder and click on make.
7. Open the folder where you extracted and rename the logo.bin to logo_new.bin,
8. Copy the logo_new.bin and paste into folder firmware
9. Use SP_Flash_Tool flashing the logo_new.bin, look at pic:
How to change boot logo inside “system.img”:
1. Root the phone
2. Install RootExplorer_v3.3.5.apk, After installation, open it and find the “system/media” folder, and rename file bootanimation.zip
Or, you can edit the system.img on PC OS Linux, but this way difficult.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You successfully changed your boot logo.
Read more: How To Know and Identify firmware